Martin Edwin Andersen – Writer. Historian. Strategic Communications Specialist
“Mr. Deare had been selected for the role by Michael Flynn, who resigned less than a month after taking office over revelations he had spoken to a Russian diplomat about US sanctions before Mr Trump took office.” https://lnkd.in/dXi4KnB
1) The DIA person who brought him into the National Security Council was none other than General Michael Flynn, now a cooperating witness with Mr. Robert Mueller’s shop. At the time that Deare was brought on to the NSC by the Russophile Flynn, Putin’s minions were energetically engaged (and are now still beating the bushes) in a propaganda and intelligence offensive in Latin America and the Caribbean
2) Deare, who still is a professor at the National Defense University, is a principal subject of the protected disclosures by fellow CHDS professor Jim Zackrison and myself, as well as my Congressional Disclosures #1703 and #1808 given to the Intelligence Community Office of the Inspector General.
In the case of #1703, which was made after Deare was appointed to the NSC and before he was unceremoniously shown the door at the orders of Commander-in-Chief Trump, it has already been sent to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees. Disclosure #1808, which also mentions Deare and his actions, is still the subject of an unusually long Intelligence Community classification review.
3) The current issue about security clearance raises the question: What clearance did Deare, once stripped of his previous clearance for cause while an “fellow” working for Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Bob Graham, have when brought on by Russia advocate Flynn?
4) One of the still understressed reasons Deare lost his NSC job was his “awkward” comments at the Wilson Center about President Trump’s daughter, Ivanka. Although this came before the #MeToo movement, it should not be overlooked that this came at day before he was fired and two days after McClatchyDC published my piece. @ http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article132999944.html
5) While at CHDS one of Deare’s closest friends was Jaime Garcia Covarrubias, the former senior official in the nefarious dictatorship of Captain General Augusto Pinochet and now accused in civilian court of murder, torture and sexual abuse; Deare also knowingly promoted at the U.S. Southern Command learning institution foreign speakers who were a) once and/or in the future indicted for their own roles in the “Dirty War” in Argentina, or b) phony former “leftwing guerrillas” (as told by the fabled FBI Legal Attache Robert W. Scherrer); the latter in part for Deare’s own personal profit.
6) Deare was one of those meant to be covered by his buddy Richard D. Downie’s “Final Agreement” (believed to be drafted by NDU lawyer Mollie Murphy) signed in December 2012 that violated the Lloyd-LaFollette Act.
7) Lt. Col. Deare, when at the National Security Council, continued to engage in a strange and nasty campaign against General Victor E. “Gene” Renuart Jr., the former commander of United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) as well as the commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command. https://lnkd.in/d2CNq9A Renuart is an Operation Desert Storm hero and an unshakeable Warthog ace. https://lnkd.in/d-jtaZ4
How the ethically and morally flawed Deare could be considered for a TS/SCI security clearance boggles the imagination. When he came on at the National Security Council, the pro-Putin andanzas of Flynn were well established in the public record; his fellow DIA officer cannot claim to have been ignorant.
“Deare reportedly also made “awkward” comments about how physically attractive Ivanka is. … Now, Deare has returned to the position he previously held at the National Defense University. He has a long history there …” @ http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/02/19/donald-trump-fires-senior-security-official-craig-deare-comments-ivanka-trump/